Strength and Conditioning Certification Study Options
It all starts with home study materials. Our course is self-paced, so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete it, up to 4 months. The home study materials you receive are all that is necessary to pass your exam. We also provide one-on-one toll-free phone support Monday through Friday to our students at no additional charge.
Enhance Your Studies With Online Learning
We also provide the ability to enhance your home studies with online learning at no additional charge. ISSAtrainer.com, our exclusive members-only site, includes interactive quizzes, online educational support, as well as audio muscle and supplement glossaries (so that you know how to pronounce the new terms you learn) and a video exercise library that demonstrates proper form for some of the most common and most effective strength exercises.
You receive the home study materials, section quizzes, and online access when you enroll in ISSA.
Your certification exam is open book and untimed. We will mail your final exam once you have completed/submitted all of your course quizzes. You may choose to complete your Section Quizzes either online or via mail--whichever direction works best for you.
ISSA Specialist in Sports Conditioning Certification Exam
Your final examination consists of five parts:
- SECTION I: The first part of your SSC Examination is worth 50 points and consists of 100 multiple choice questions
- SECTION II: The second part of your examination is worth 50 points and consists of 100 true/false questions
- SECTION III: The third part of your examination includes six case studies, worth 200 points
- SECTION IV: The fourth part of your examination is worth 20 points and consists of 4 short essays
- SECTION V: A training video is required demonstrating your understanding of sports conditioning training
How long does it take to complete the certification?
You have up to 4 months from the date of enrollment to complete your course. However, you may complete the course as quickly or as slowly as you would like within that 4 month period.