You'll find a job as a personal trainer:
We promise you’ll find a job as a personal trainer or we’ll give you a no-hassle full refund.
Here’s all you need to do:
- You complete the course and earn your ISSA certification.
- You apply for a job at three gyms in the USA within 60 days. (Verification required)
- You meet the gym’s basic requirements (background check, drug test, available to work in the USA).
That’s it. You’ll get a job. And we can even help you find one. Or, we’ll promptly and cheerfully give you all your money back.
How The Personal Training Certification Works
For the first time ever, we are taking the full college experience of our College of Exercise Science professor-led courses - complete with study groups, weekly assignments, group projects, lectures and office hours and making it available directly to you for your personal training certification!
Imagine, earning your personal training certification by studying with a 20-student-maximum online classroom where you’ll interact with your classmates - learn from each other - make friendships. You’ll have the chance to get to know your professor and learn first hand what you need to know to be your best as a personal trainer.
What’s your best learning style? Visual? Auditory? Reading/Writing? Physical?
You’ll have a dedicated professor helping make sure you are succeeding with everything from office hours to videos and lectures to group and individual projects. And a whole team behind the professor who are there just to help you succeed.
For 30 years, the ISSA has been innovating as a leader in distance education and that’s why now we’re introducing our best personal training certification program ever.
You’ll get all the benefits of the College of Exercise Science professor-led course - complete with study groups, weekly assignments, group projects, lectures and office hours for your personal training certification!
You’ll be in an intimate-feeling online classroom where you’ll interact with your classmates, learn from each other and make friendships. You’ll get to know your professor personally over the 10 week course and learn first hand what you need to know to be your best as a personal trainer.
- Learn from some of the best professors from the ISSA
- Small class sizes of no more than 20 students for an intimate learning experience
- Study with a team of like-minded students and share the learning experience.
- Pass your certification exam online wherever you're most comfortable.
- Enjoy unlimited educational support from your team who loves fitness too!
- Rest easy with great customer support before, during and after your certification.
- Take pride in knowing ISSA is nationally accredited by the DEAC.
How the Instructor-Led Personal Trainer Certification works
1. Enroll and Start class on November 26th
Enroll and 1 week before class starts you will gain access to your online course materials. We will also ship you the hard copies of the textbooks so you can study on-the-go. You have 4 months to complete the course but if you need more time, you can apply for a free 2 month extension. Most students finish the course in 10 weeks, with an hour or two of studying a day.
2. Complete Quizzes and Test Your Comprehension
We offer online practice quizzes throughout the course to test your comprehension. Once you complete the quizzes, you'll gain access to the online final exam.
3. Take the Open-Book, Untimed Final Exam from Anywhere
The final exam is online, open-book and untimed. It can be taken from the comfort of your home and completed during multiple sessions. You can also change an answer at any time before you submit your exam. After you pass your final exam we help you plan your next move. We also provide you with a business guide and a free professional website to jump-start your fitness career.
We're honored to have outstanding reviews from our graduates who can attest to the power of our courses. Here are some of their inspiring stories:
What's included in this program
Here’s What You’ll Learn
With the ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer program (CFT) you'll get the practical day-to-day skills necessary, as well as the deeper knowledge needed to excel as a personal trainer. The program covers client assessment, program design, basic nutrition, and sports medicine along with business and marketing skills.
This course covers the principles of general personal training including anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, client assessment, exercise program design, general nutrition principles, motivation, special populations, and injury prevention.
The 10-week program is designed with you in mind to help make sure you learn in a reasonable pace and have great interactions with your professor and classmates. Here is what the schedule is like:
- Week 1: Metabolism, basic anatomy, and physiology
- Week 2: Muscle anatomy and physiology
- Week 3: Kinesiology, biomechanics, musculoskeletal deviations, muscle mechanics
- Week 4: Strength
- Week 5: Cardiovascular training, flexibility, body composition, program development
- Week 6: Assessment, training principles, periodization, training loads
- Week 7: Nutrition
- Week 8: Special populations
- Week 9: Sports medicine, first aid
- Week 10: Final exam
During these 10 weeks here’s what you can expect from your class and your professors:
- A weekly live chat office hour with your Instructor
- A 24/7 asynchronous Ask Your Instructor Forum
- Weekly group discussions
- Individualized feedback to weekly assignment submissions from your Instructor
- Weekly tips from your Instructor on how to score well on each of the course assignments.
- Responses on all emails to Instructors within 24 hours
- Weekly power point and audio lectures that supplement the textbook
- Access to ISSA’s online library, which contains thousands of scholarly articles
- A classroom set up that is easy to navigate and promotes student success
- Explain the fundamental principles of anatomy & physiology.
- Describe the musculoskeletal system, body mechanics, and body musculature in relation to exercise and movement.
- Describe the primary concepts of human physiology at rest and during exercise.
- Administer assessments related to health, fitness, nutrition, and weight management.
- Design a program that is customized according to the results of a client’s individual health and fitness assessment(s).
- Incorporate the correct anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and body mechanic terminology when communicating with clients.
- Instruct clients on the integration of a healthy lifestyle through exercise and proper nutrition.
- Monitor client progress toward program goals.
- Describe the basic principles of nutrition and how they relate to health and exercise programs.
- Apply the accepted industry standards for exercise safety.
- Apply the basic principles of human motivation and coaching techniques to encourage clients.
- Describe the fundamentals of injury prevention.
- Describe health and fitness program modifications for special populations.
- Recognize the situations that require professional input outside of trainer scope of practice.
- Conduct his or her self according to the Trainer Code of Ethics.
Partner gyms post jobs for ISSA graduates on our Student Portal.
Questions? Call our enrollment advisors for help!